Privacy Statement, Disclaimer and Copyright
All material contained on the Down's Heart Group's website is covered by a disclaimer and protected by copyright laws.
DHG is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We use the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications about DHG that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise. The "personal information" is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address, name, title and address.
Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
- What personal information does DHG collect?
DHG collects the following information regarding visitors to our website: information regarding which pages are accessed and when, information volunteered by you (such as survey information), email address and your preferred means of communication.
- How does DHG use my information?
DHG uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
- Who is collecting your information?
When you are in the DHG website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with DHG alone unless stated otherwise. For example, when you are using our secure online donation pages, you are going through to a partner company, WorldPay and it is clear on the donation page when you are going through to the WorldPay site.
- With whom does DHG share your information?
As a general rule, DHG will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. When you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to a partner company and the information you give such as your credit card number and contact information is provided to them so that the transaction can take place.
DHG may make individual identifying information available to affiliated third parties, including DHG Merchandising Ltd our trading subsidiary and our agents for marketing purposes. DHG also uses such information to contact you for marketing purposes. DHG does not sell on lists to others. From time to time, we agree with other likeminded organisations to write to some of each other's supporters for the mutual benefit of both.
- What are my choices regarding collection, use and distribution of my information?
If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about DHG's work we will send you communications regarding DHG's work and activities, either electronically or otherwise. In addition, we may send you direct mail that we feel may be of interest to you.
DHG does not sell or rent user information to anyone. From time to time, we agree with other likeminded organisations to write to some of each other's supporters, for the mutual benefit of both.
- What is DHG's policy on allowing me to update, correct or delete my personally identifiable information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to DHG. If you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at [email protected] or write to Supporter Services, Down's Heart Group, PO Box 4260, Dunstable, LU6 2ZT.
- How does DHG protect my personal identifiable information?
DHG is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us.
- What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of my information?
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, DHG cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security within our systems.
- Users under 18
If you use this site for information about fundraising campaigning or supporting the work of DHG, please let an adult know.
Reviewed 2nd January 2013
Access to and use of this site is provided by DHG subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- DHG reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to DHG are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will DHG be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages or loss of profits whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- DHG does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
The Down's Heart Group name and logo, are trademarks of the Down's Heart Group. The names, images and logos identifying DHG or third parties and their products and services are the proprietary marks of the DHG and/or third parties as appropriate. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions or on the DHG website may be construed as conferring any licence or right under any trademark or patent of the DHG or any third party.
- Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior written authorisation from DHG. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by DHG to use any item displayed.
- Documents on this site may be copied for personal, non-commercial use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not DHG). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).Copyright Restrictions:
- DHG takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet Sites. The existence of a link from any organisation's site to the DHG site does not imply that the DHG endorses the activities or views of that organisation.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
- We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. If any of these terms and conditions are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect.
Any questions regarding this site should be sent to:
Information Team, Down's Heart Group, Unit 28629, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US or e-mail [email protected]
Reviewed 2nd January 2013
We may change the Down's Heart Group website and correct or update information (including topic note information) on it at any time without notice. Except in relation to the description of products and services available from our website, we do not guarantee and are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided on the website. We do not represent or warrant that the material contained in the website, any of the functions of the website and the server will operate without interruption or delay or will be error-free, free from defects, viruses or bugs or compatible with any other software or material. Accessing the website is entirely at your own risk. You must not transmit through or to our website any defamatory, threatening, obscene, distressing, harmful or pornographic material or material which may infringe upon the rights of others (including intellectual property rights, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) or which does not comply with all relevant laws.
© Down's Heart Group 1998-2019
This information may be reprinted, copied and distributed freely provided that the content is unaltered and the copyright and conditions are also included. For any other use, permission must be obtained from Down's Heart Group.